Why Choose Aspirus
Here are the reasons why thousands of people from around the state choose Aspirus Medford Hospital for their medical care each year:
Aspirus Medford Hospital chooses doctors carefully based on their educational background, medical skills, and their ability to work together.
Being part of the Aspirus network guarantees you access to some of the nation’s most trusted and experienced health experts. Aspirus is one of the nation’s elite healthcare facilities organizations, with world-class specialists in areas like:
- Heart Care
- Spine & Neurological Care
- Women's Health
- Trauma Care
- Newborn Care
The Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in cardiovascular care, including beating-heart surgery, treatments for atrial fibrillation, valve repair and replacement, minimally invasive surgery and research.
For more information about Aspirus Medford Hospital visiting specialists call Aspirus Medford Hospital's Referral Coordinator, 715.748.8100 ext. 7297, visit www.aspirus.org or ask your provider about the specialty options available to you in Medford and in Wausau.
Most recently, Aspirus Medford Hospital has achieved the:
- Named as one of the "100 Great Community Hospitals" nationally by Becker's Hospital Review
- Named one of "America's Healthiest Companies" - Well Workplace GOLD recipient award from WELCOA
- HEALTHSTRONG Top 100 Critical Access Hospital
iVantage Health Analytics - HEALTHSTRONG Hospital
5-Star Excellence Award for: Emergency Services, Nursing Care, Surgical Services
4-Star Excellence Award for: Radiology Services, Inpatient Services
- Aspirus Medford Hospital earned several Excellence awards from Professional Research Consultants, Inc. (PRC). 5-Star Excellence Award honors for our Inpatient Services, Medical/Surgical Unit. Kathy Hemer, MSN, FNP-C, family nurse practitioner at Aspirus Medford Clinic also earned this award at the provider level. 4-Star Excellence Award honors went to Outpatient Services.
- HealthStrong™ Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for 2013. As a top performing CAH, Aspirus Medford Hospital is recognized as being one of the best rural safety-net hospitals in the United States.
- Milliman Care Guidelines’ Richard L. Doyle Award for Innovation and Leadership in Healthcare.
- Pathway to Excellence Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 5-Star Excellence Awards for quality of nursing care, radiology services, surgical services, and patient safety (as rated by the health center's medical staff)
- 4-Star Excellence Awards for quality of anesthesia services, emergency services, and as a place to practice medicine (as rated by the health center's medical staff)
- 5-Star Excellence Award for quality of patient care achieved by Aspirus Medford Hospital's Birthing Center
- 4-Star Excellence Award for inpatient patient care (inpatients are those who are admitted and spend the night at Aspirus Medford Hospital)
- Pam Lugo, Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse, earned Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative's state-wide "Excellence in Nursing Clinical Practice" Award
- Rhonda Handel, Pediatric Care Registered Nurse, earned the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh's "Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice"
- Best Practices Award for hospital cleanliness
- 5-Star Excellence Award for quality of patient care (Aspirus Medford Hospital's Birthing Center)
- 4-Star Excellence Award for quality of inpatient care (Inpatients are those who are admitted and spend the night at Aspirus Medford Hospital)
- Top Five-Star Governmental Rating (Aspirus Care & Rehab)
- Senior Care Services' Cedar Lane CBRF Assisted Living facility found deficiency-free by state
- Nominated for 2010 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Denise Carstensen, Aspirus Medford Hospital's Birthing Center RN/Director achieved Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative's state-wide "Excellence in Nursing Management" Award
- Wellness Councils of America (WELCO) listed Memorial Health Center as one of America's Healthiest Companies
- Satellite designation: Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute
- Top Five-Star Governmental Rating (Aspirus Care & Rehab)
- Nationally Ranked in the Top 100 - Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare"
- 5-Star Excellence Award for quality of patient care (Aspirus Birthing Center - Medford)
- Designation of a Level III Trauma Care Facility
- Highest Overall Employee Satisfaction - SIGMA Award (exceeded scores from previous year; highest in SIGMA history)
- Top Five-Star Governmental Rating (Aspirus Care & Rehab) - December
- a Deficiency-Free State Inspection (Aspirus Care & Rehab)
- National Rank of #23 by Modern Healthcare as the “Best Places to Work in Healthcare”
Of the Top 100 identified, Aspirus Medford Hospital was the highest ranked of the three Wisconsin hospitals that made the national list.
- Highest Overall Employee Satisfaction - SIGMA Award
- Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ w/Blue Ribbon Designation
- National Rural Health Quality Award (Aspirus Medford Hospital first Wisconsin hospital to achieve)
- Ernest A. Codman Award for diabetes management
Your family’s health comes first. Our compassionate doctors and staff are here to make sure it always does.
Commitment to Quality
Aspirus Medford Hospital demonstrates dedication and commitment to excellence and compassion.
These values are shared by more than 500 employees of Aspirus Medford Hospital, and 6,000 Aspirus employees. Everything we do is focused on providing the very best quality, safety and service for our patients.
Aspirus has a passion for excellence, a compassion for people.
Wisconsin hospitals are accountable for quality. CheckPoint provides reliable information about the quality and safety of the care provided.
The Wisconsin Hospital Association's Information Center is dedicated to collecting and disseminating complete, accurate, and timely data about charges and services. To review comparative data for select inpatient, outpatient, and/or emergency services, review PricePoint.